?

Log in

No account? Create an account
Changing the world
one mind at a time
My letter to the editor 
9th-Aug-2002 12:01 am
me
I got motivated and wrote this. I'm fairly sure what I wrote was accurate, if it's not, let me know. It's been a while since I last taught AIDS awareness.

In response to Shannon Millhuff's Letter on August 8, 2002.
The first question I have is wondering what AIDS drugs have to do with the article to which she was responding.
Second, some forms of cancer are now treatable, and can be knocked into remission.
Third, where did she get her statistics of "90% of which is caused by a perverted lifestyle. The other 10% affects women and children who were forced into a situation over which they had no control"? Last I saw, AIDS was growing the fastest among heterosexuals, particularly young heterosexuals and minorities. So, I can only infer she is calling heterosexual men a "perverted lifestyle".
Fourth, some cancers are more prevelant among the HIV+ population, So even AIDS medication research is going to go towards cancer research by definition.

I decided not to end this with "Ignorence is no excuse for stupidity."

Past that, Othello was wonderful, as was dinner with mom at Schmidt's Sausage Haus. Nothing like a Bahama Burger and a cream puff. I can be sick later.
Comments 
9th-Aug-2002 05:31 am (UTC)
Short and to the point... looks good to me...
This page was loaded Nov 19th 2017, 5:01 am GMT.