YOU KNOW YOU GREW UP IN THE 80's or early 90's IF...
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word "PSYCHE."
2. You watched the Pound Puppies.
3. You can sing the rap to the "Fresh Prince of Bel Aire"
4. You wore biker shorts under your skirts and felt stylish.
5. You yearned to be a member of the Baby-sitters club and tried to start a club of your own.
6. You owned those lil Strawberry Shortcake pals scented dolls. (Does it count if I made them commit suicide?)
7. You know that "WOAH" comes from Joey on Blossom .
8. Two words: M.C. Hammer
9. If you ever watched "Fraggle Rock."
10. You had plastic streamers on your handle bars.
11. You can sing the entire theme song to "Duck Tales."
12. When it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
13. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
14. You saw the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" on the big screen.
15. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
16. You made your Mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
17. You played the game "MASH" (Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
18. You wore Jordache Jean jacket and you were proud of it.
19. L.A. Gear...
20. You wanted to change your name to "JEM" in Kindergarten.
21. You remember reading "Tales of a fourth grade nothing" and all the Ramona books.
22. You know the profound meaning of "WAX ON, WAX OFF"
23. You wanted to be a Goonie.
24. You ever wore fluorescent clothing.
25. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off...
26. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
27. You took Lunch Pails to school.
28. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
29. You still get the urge to say "NOT" after every sentence.
30. You remember Hypercolor T-shirts. (I still think these are totally awesome, but I'll never admit it)
31. Barbie and the Rockers was your favorite band.
32. You thought Sheera and He-Man should hook up. (Nah, weren't they cousins?)
33. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged friendship bracelets.
34. You ever owned a pair of jelly shoes.
35. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying "I know you are, but what am I?"
36. You remember "I've fallen and I can't get up"
37. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
38. You ever got seriously injured on a Slip and Slide.
39. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
40. You had or attended a birthday party at McDonald's.
41. You've gone through this list occasionally saying "Totally awesome"
42. You remember Popples. (Mom still has a few of the Pizza hut Popples glasses, sadly)
43. "Don't worry, be happy"
44. You wore like, EIGHT pairs of socks over tights with high top Reeboks.
45. You wore socks scrunched down.
46. "Miss MARY MACK MACK, all dressed in BLACK BLACK BLACK"
47. You remember boom boxes Vs. CD players.
48. You remember watching both "Gremlins" movies.
49. You know what it meant to say "Care Bear Stare!" (And the new meaning for EQ players)
50. You remember watching Rainbow Bright and My Little Pony Tales"
51. You thought Doogie Howser was hot. (Still do)
52. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
53. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool. (*twitch*)
54. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on "Saved By the Bell," the ORIGINAL class.
55. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME.
In other related news, it's nice to see movies like Donnie Darko revive
the ancient 80's fads. Which brings me to the revision list.
-Hobie surfer shirts
-Your first skinned knee after wiping out on your neighbor's "Pogo Ball"
-Scratch n' Sniff Stickers
-Huddling around the TV on Thursday nights for Cosby
-Huddling around the TV for *gasp* the premiere of Max Headroom
-a young, unproven Johnny Depp on "21 Jump Street"
-...and just for kicks, sneaking a peak at Married ...With Children long after your parents grounded you originally for watching it in the first place.
-Your first Puffy Paint shirt
-Taster's Choice commercials
-"Cool Beans" clothing
-The big hullabaloo over the "Gotcha!" magic disappearing ink on our school's playgrounds
So anyway, I really am beginning to wish there was a way to politely maim the people I work with. I'm also wishing I wasn't so pissed off at everyone I know right now.